CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Makan-Makan @Historical District of Kota Tinggi


Dang Anom: Tuanku please forgive me, I’m pregnant. This jackfruit not for me but for my baby
Sultan Mahmud: No! I don’t believe you! Guard brings me keris. Let me see whether it’s true for your baby or not
Dang Anom: Tuanku forgive me Tuanku. Don’t do this to me Tuanku

SUDDENLY
I heard mystery voice calling me ‘Along, along bangun! Let’s follow me go to Kota Tinggi’
What time right now? Hah 8 o’clock? arrghhhh! It’s still early mom
                                                                     
                                                                          *******

Hemm what I can do at Kota Tinggi ek (Johorean accent)?

Kota Tinggi, well this district. What I know is Kota Tinggi is the administrative center of Old Johore government. There are some historical building located here such as Makam Tauhid (it’s not a tomb), British fort during World War II and some the late of Sultan of Johore’s tomb

              * more information about Kota Tinggi:Click HERE                                  


To get rid my sleepiness, my mom asked me to have breakfast first. My mom always comes with good idea.                     
So let's eat first !

Because I am on diet so I choose to have roti bakar (toast) and a cup of milo suam





While my mom settles her agenda, I make my own agenda here...

Herodotus has said that “those who forget the history are condemned to repeat it”

Since I was in historic district so let’s make historical trip! My first attraction is Kota Tinggi Museum, this museum exhibit the historic items during the Sultanate of Old Johor era such as coins, ceramic, vase, china etc. I spent more than 1 hour at this museum. Oh ya, the fee is free J



*here some information about Muzium Kota Tinggi: Here


Before proceed to another place, let’s take a lunch first. I choose to have a lunch at the most popular nasi padang in Kota Tinggi. This eatery located at Pusat Perdagangan Kota Tinggi near to Kota Tinggi Bus Terminal Complex. It’s open every day except during Muslim festive

*the owner is my uncle actually :)

they just prepared only a few type of dishes
1) Ayam Masak Merah Minang style
2) Ikan Masak Merah
3) Spicy Rendang Daging
4) Sup Daging dan Kaki
5) Pencok 

Business Operation is from 8 am untill 2 pm (depend on the day)
usually in weekend they will closed early


how to get here ?




Other than historical sites, what else Kota Tinggi have?

4) Hutan Lipur Gunung Panti -Hutan Lipur Gunung Panti
5) Panti Bird Sanctuary - Here ORHere
6) Firefly Valley Leisure Park 

*credit to:Siput Gewang

what else ?

SHOPPING!


before going back I stop at Restoren Belangkas Mahkota.. This restaurant served the special and unique food 
BELANGKAS MASAK ASAM PEDAS
the price is depend on the size of belangkas
other than masak asam pedas, you also can choose the other style such as belangkas masam manis, belangkas masak lemak, belangkas masak sambal or belangkas bakar


*more information, visit their facebook: 

Warmerst Regard,
Viscount Farhan,
laparlaparteam!

0 comments:

Post a Comment